How to Make Your Content Marketing Viral
Before we go into how to make content marketing viral, we need to understand two things. First, what exactly is content marketing? It is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant and consistent content to attract and retain a defined audience with the aim of driving profitable customer action. Viral content on the other hand, is any piece of media (a Facebook post, YouTube video, Instagram post or tweet), that becomes wildly popular overnight. So, how do you make your content marketing viral?
- Make people look smart. Send them content that makes them look clever to their friends.
- People have a short attention span so, follow the KISS rule; keep it short and simple. Use bullet points and images in your content to make it easy to scan through.
- Make it relate-able. People are more likely to share if it applies to them or personal.
- Make it interactive. Choose topics people can discuss on.
- Create an avenue for people to comment and respond to good and controversial comments.
- Use catchy and curious headlines to pique people’s interest.
Follow these how tos and watch your content marketing become viral.