Why You Should Do a Social Media Audit of Your Brand
Now, I know the word “audit” sends the shivers down your back and conjures up the image of the boogeyman used to scare business owners into updating their tax payments. However, as a business owner it is imperative you do a social media audit of your social media marketing. A social media audit is a series of steps taken to evaluate and optimize a business’s social media profile and strategy. Below are eight reasons why you should do a social media audit of your brand.
Why you should do a social media audit of your brand
- A social media audit gives you the opportunity to see what’s working and what’s not in your social media strategy and thus, allows you learn how to improve upon it for the future.
- The information gotten from an audit allows you to develop a strategy if you don’t already have one and if you do what areas to tweak and improve upon.
- An audit also helps to evaluate what the future goals for your social media strategy should be and start connecting your content marketing to it.
- In addition, Everyone stands to benefit from an overview of their social media standing; from the top man down to the social media account handler.
- With many moving parts going on with social media today, an audit helps you uncover the hidden gaps.
- A social media audit from an objective social media guide empowers you to know which areas to focus your resources on for maximum result.
- A social media audit helps you find out why your social media isn’t converting, pinpoint areas in need of improvement and discover how to get more conversions.
- Also, by assessing how your competitors are faring on social media, an audit reveals how to get more customers thus giving you an advantage.