5 Key Benefits of Building Your Website in WordPress
WordPress is an online, open source website creation tool written in PHP. It’s probably the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system (or CMS) in existence today. Many famous blogs, news outlets, music sites, Fortune 500 companies and celebrities are using it. Here are five key benefits of using WordPress for your website:
- Themes allow you to change the design of your website quickly. There are thousands of themes available for WordPress.
- Plugins allow you to extend the functionality of your site without knowing how to program. There are over 10,000 plugins available that help you add all kinds of functionality to your sites, like social media sharing, SEO, photo slideshows, and much more.
- They are easy to update. If you can create a Word document, you can publish a new article to your website. Once it is set up, you can update it anytime you want, and that is important for engagement with your visitors and for the search engines.
- Google loves WordPress sites. Because they are updated more frequently, and the content tends to be structured well, you can get a WordPress site ranking very quickly compared to a static website. Google has even gone on record as recommending WordPress for business sites (see YouTube video)
- It is supported by a thriving, engaged community. A recent study estimates that approximately 8% of the sites on the Internet are run by WordPress. There are thousands of designers, developers and enthusiasts out there to help if you get stuck. Help is just a Google or Bing search away.
Five Benefits of a Great SEO
When you’re conducting business online, the importance of SEO can’t be overestimated – a carefully planned SEO strategy is the best guarantee to ensure your position in Google’s search results. If your SEO strategy isn’t up to par, it’s a given that you’ll end up buried low in the search results, and that’s not where you want to be.
However, SEO is a tough subject to master; it requires time and effort like no other digital marketing strategy. Of course, SEO brings with it its unique benefits with experts claiming that SEO was, is and will forever be one of the best sources of traffic that you can get for your website and business.
Below are five benefits of having a great SEO:
- Increased Traffic – Top positions on the search engine result pages receive a majority of the impressions and clicks, so ranking in these top positions can result in significant traffic increases for your website. SEO also focuses on creating informative and keyword relevant title tags and meta descriptions, which show up in the result pages. Having optimized tags and descriptions helps to increase click through rate, which also promotes increases in qualified web traffic.
- ROI – SEO provides trackable and quantifiable results, regardless of whether you are an ecommerce or non-ecommerce site so there are no qualms when it comes to ROI. SEO agencies are able to track nearly every aspect of their strategy, like increases in rankings, traffic and conversions. Comprehensive analytics also provide the ability to drill down at a granular level and see demographic information and other engagement metrics for individuals who have interacted with your website.
- Cost effectiveness – SEO is one of the most cost-effective marketing strategies because it targets users who are actively looking for your products and services online. SEO’s inbound nature helps businesses save money as opposed to outbound strategies like cold-calling. While cold-calling can still be an effective strategy, the leads generated cost 61% more than leads generated by an inbound strategy like SEO. And since SEO also targets users who are actively searching for products and services like yours, the traffic resulting from SEO is more qualified than many other marketing strategies, resulting in cost-savings for companies.
- The Benefit Of Increased Visibility In Search Engines. The most commonly known advantage to be seen in SEO is an obvious increased visibility in search engines.
- Great SEO leads to increased credibility for your brand. Ranking highly in the search results signals to searchers that you’re a key player in your industry. Conversely, ranking on the 2nd or 3rd page may lead to unwanted assumptions: that you’re a new business, that you’re not as well known or that you don’t have the budget (and thus sales) to afford to boost your rankings