Internet has been a source of blessings for students all over the world, although many people have argued that internet has discouraged some students from been diligent in classes while lecture is going on. And has exposed them to some materials that are harmful for the mental state of students as well. Irrespective of these arguments against, there are certainly many importance of internet on the lives of many students around the globe, let us consider them:
You are able to keep in touch with other through Internet all over the world. You could speak by seeing to one another; only you’re speaking with your pals in your drawing room.
For this function, various services are supplied on the Internet such as; speaking, video conferencing, Email and Internet telephone an such like.
It’s also an effective way for individuals to make use of computers with appropriate guidance.
The Web enables students to see the most recent news on a particular topic they’re learning. If they’re learning American politics or world politics as the case may be, they may do an information search and discover what is happening on the planet of politics at that very time.
It will help them link what they’re understanding how to real life. Additionally, it may keep them thinking about a topic.
Occasionally, encyclopedia mightn’t constantly be accessible to individuals and so they might have trouble with in getting the use of the actual guides within the selection.
If that’s the case, the encyclopedia of various topics on the Web could be useful.
Today, products are advertised by most of the commercial organizations through Internet. It’s effective and inexpensive method for the marketing of goods.
The services and products could be given lovely and attractive method to the people round the world.
The Internet allows students to connect with professionals outside of the immediate school campus, in some cases permitting communications on an international level. This can be done through basic applications such as e-mail, as well as video conferencing. With distance learning available, students can take a larger range of classes, and schools can make up for curriculum deficiencies.
In addition to letting students gain information, the Internet also lets students find and apply for open jobs upon course, diploma or degree completion. Some websites specialize in showing students what their interests and strengths are, suggesting possible career options.
Let us take a look at some features that were removed or redesigned and obviously not popular with users:
Google+ Events, the ability to allow create and invite users to share photos and media in real time was removed from Google+ as part of the November 2015 redesign.
“Search in Google+” allowed users to search for content within Google+. Users type what they’re looking for into the Google+ search box, and Google will return relevant people and posts, as well as popular content from around the web. The search feature no longer appears on Google+, but Google+ content can be searched via the standard Google search engine.
“Messenger” (formerly: Huddle) is a feature available to Android, iPhone, and SMS devices for communicating through instant messaging within Circles. Additionally, users can share photos in Messenger between their Circles. This feature was removed in August 2013 since it is superseded by Hangouts.
“Games” had 16 games when G+ launched on August 11, 2011, which expanded to 44 a few months later, but by April 2013 there were 38 since some games were removed by the owner. Unlike Facebook games, Google+ games are located under a games tab, which gives games less visibility, and had separate notifications from the rest of a user’s notifications.]All games were removed from Google+ in June 2013.
Hangouts on Air, introduced in Sept 2011, the live streaming service was moved to YouTube Live starting September 12, 2016.
Ripples, introduced on October 27, 2011, was a visualization tool, showing how re-sharing activity happens regarding a public post. One could replay the public share’s activity, zoom in on certain events, identify top contributors, view statistics about average chain length, the most influential people in the chain, the language of the sharers, etc. The feature was removed in May 2015.
“Sparks” is a front-end to, enabling users to identify topics they might be interested in sharing with others. “Featured interests” sparks are also available, based on topics others globally are finding interesting. Sparks is accessed as a pull-down from search results and helps to keep users informed of the latest updates on the topics of their interest. Sparks was removed sometime in November 2012.
There is no lie admitting that assessments of Google+ growth have varied widely and little difficult because Google first defined the service as a social network, then later as “a social layer across all of Google’s services”, allowing them to share a user’s identity and interests. According to Ars Technica Google+ signups were “often just an incidental byproduct of signing up for other Google services.” Consequently, the reported number of active users on Google+ grew significantly, but the average time those users spent on the site were a small fraction of that on comparable social media services.
But user engagement on Google+ was low compared with its competitors. ComScore estimated that users averaged just 3.3 minutes on the site in January 2012, versus 7.5 hours for Facebook. In March 2013, average time spent on the site remained low: roughly 7 minutes, according to Nielsen, not including traffic via apps. In February 2014, The New York Times likened Google+ to a ghost town, citing Google stats of 540 million “monthly active users”, but noting that almost half don’t visit the site. The company replied that the significance of Google+ was less as a Facebook competitor than as a means of gathering and connecting user information from Google’s various services.
With these information, do you feel Google+ is not a relevant platform for businesses?
Everybody knows Facebook and Twitter but not all people know that Google since 2011 has its own social network, Google+. To use Google plus you need to have a Google account (gmail). If you already have a gmail, then you also have a google+ account, look for the + sign next to your name in the top right corner.
I understand that Google+ does not necessarily come with the best adrenaline other social media platforms come with, yet its impact on many businesses’ performances can not be ignored.
Like Facebook, Google+ can be used for both personal and business use. If you choose to use Google plus for business, you need to first create a personal google plus account and then a google plus business page for your business.
Despite the unpopularity Google+ has been experiencing lately, there is no doubt it has many benefits for businesses. The followings are some of the advantages:
1. It’s good for local SEO– Local businesses have many more reasons to use Google+ since it’s a great way to provide Google with more details about your local business such as location, contact details, services offered etc. When you do everything correctly your will get a nice snippet with information about your business on the right side of Google when someone searches for your business name.
2. It’s good for Google SEO – Google may officially deny that social signals are used for rankings (and that includes their social network as well) but in my opinion the more information they have about a webpage (especially about businesses that sell online), the better is for that business because it helps in establishing trust which is one of the factors why a website may rank better than others.
3.It’s good for your brand and online reputation– Businesses that do not fall in the category of local businesses i.e. they do not serve customers in a physical location are considered as brands.
Brands can also get their company information in the right hand of Google if they have a Google+ Business page with more than 1000 followers that is updated with high quality posts related to their niche
4.It’s good for your adwords campaigns– When you run campaigns on adwords and you have a Google plus business page with more than 100 followers and updated content, adwords may show your number of followers and +1s in your ad and this will drive more interaction and attention.
“There are fast ideas and slow ideas, just as there are fast trains and slow trains. When it comes to money, most people are on the slow train looking out the window watching the fast train pass them by. If you want to become rich quickly, your plan must include fast ideas.” – Robert Kiyosaki
If you are wiling to start a business, you are expected to have some cool business ideas tag in your heart, this will be a driving force for your business. Let us take a look at the followings:
- List of Business Ideas – I suggest that every one eager to start a successful business must carefully analyse and consider the business ideas on his or her head. Right business idea attracts right performance and profits.
- Starting a business – If you are an aspiring entrepreneur with a desire to start a successful business, then this is your starting point. After entertaining the best business idea, it is only proper you take the bold step by starting the business. In this section, you learn everything from entrepreneurship training, financing a business, feasibility study research, business plan writing, etc.
- Growing a business – Growing a business from bottom is definitely not an easy task I must emphasize, but it is not an impossible task especially when you have the right advisers, team and wiling to grow as well. Take time to acquire innovative business management tips and advice; with critical focus on strategic planning, HR, Productivity, customer service, etc. which will be helpful.
- Investing for Beginners- It is a known fact that not everybody is cut out to become an entrepreneur; some would rather have money work for them without their active involvement. If you are one of such individuals, then this topics for you because it covers everything you need; ranging from investment strategies to stock investing, real estate, bonds, commodities, gold and silver, etc.