WHAT SOCIAL MEDIA CAN DO FOR YOUR BRAND
Social media has opened a lot of doors and created opportunities for brands across the globe, who bought a ride on this unending social ride. If as a business owner you’re yet to board the train, here are some of the things social media can do for your brand.
- You can increase brand awareness and loyalty by connecting and engaging with your customers on social media.
- Social media also helps you keep an eye on your competitors and gain Intel on what they are doing right or wrong. This helps you make strategic business decisions and keep ahead.
- You can also share content about your business faster with your customers by sharing them on your social media accounts.
- Social media provides an opportunity for you as a brand to build lasting relationships with your customers.
- There is an unending well of information about your customers that you can draw from. With over millions of tweets, photos and videos being uploaded on Instagram and over billion likes and reactions on Facebook daily, you can get information about their likes and thoughts about your brand.
- The right social media platform can be a great boost for your lead generation.
- Social media provides a good opportunity for your brand to generate revenue. This is achievable through building a community e.g. on Google+ or advertising on the social media platforms.
- One other way social media can benefit your business is as a platform for recruiting and networking. Advertise vacancies and discuss with like-minded people and brands to improve the way you do business.
- Influence your search engine optimisation (SEO) ranking by growing on your social following.
- Social media can be your customer service. Your customers can reach you via your social account about complaints or enquiries.
How To Generate Leads For Your Business
For a business to survive, it needs to generate leads. Lead generation is the process of sourcing sales leads. It is the creation of awareness and the initiation of a person/company’s interest in your brand’s service or product. A lead can be a person or company you hope to win as a future customer for your service or product. A warm lead is when a person/company has indicated interest in your service or product. Lead generation is the gateway to keeping a business afloat. Here are some how tos to help you generate leads for your business.
– Identify your target audience. You can’t reach and sell to your ideal customer if you don’t know who that is.
– Deploy outbound and inbound marketing.
– Develop and optimise informative content. High quality content attracts traffic to your website. Include images and videos to encourage shares.
– Use Email marketing as it involves direct engagement.
– Improve the search engine optimization ( SEO ) of your website so you can appear on the first page of Google for keywords that describe your product or service. This helps drive traffic to your website and increase your inbound sales leads.
– Get your customers to recommend and encourage other people they know to seek out your product /service. Referal systems make you more professional and bring higher profits.
– Tweet promotion is another way to go. Linking relevant promoted tweets to a business website’s landing page is an excellent way of optimizing their potential. The tweets should be interesting and valuable to the audience.
– Create and make posts on LinkedIn.
– Create communities on Google+. Google+ allows businesses to bring prospects together in groups called communities. You can reach prospects in these communities for conversions.
– Landing pages are also great for generating leads. Make sure the pages are specific, have useful content and are pleasing to the eye.
– Share reviews, nominations and awards you’ve received. These prove you’re a valued vendor.
Follow these tips and watch your business grow.
Some of these leads have been culled from
Why You Need Digital Marketing As A Brand
Digital marketing aka data driven marketing is the marketing of products or services using digital technologies mainly on the Internet. Digital marketing techniques include but are not limited to, search engine optimization (SEO), content marketing, social media marketing, influencer marketing etc. Though it became popular in the early 2000’s, digital marketing has been around much longer. There are a million reasons why you need digital marketing as a brand.
Now, according to Kevin Green, digital marketing is similar to modern architecture in many ways. An object can take several different shapes and be adorned with a variety of different elements. But it is up to the marketing architect to understand what is acceptable to the masses and meet social expectations. Go too far, you become invasive and over saturate the market. If you don’t go far enough, then you don’t meet the expectation of your target audience.
With both competitors and potential customers constantly online, digital marketing is the only way to stay ahead and provide your target audience the value and utility they are looking for. But without a digital strategy, how do you know you’re marketing in the right place, appealing to the right audience and being shown at the optimal time?
Here’s why you need a strategy.
– You need to have a powerful online value proposition that will help you differentiate your online service to encourage new customers to engage and existing, stay loyal.
– Also, you need to know your online market share.
– In addition, with digital marketing you can track your website traffic. Using digital analytics software like Buffer and hubspot, you can see the exact number of people who visited your website’s homepage, how many pages they visited etc.
– Lastly, it builds your brand, provides convenience and is cost effective.
Leverage Your Business Using ThrowbackThursday
Leverage your business using Throwback Thursday. Throwback Thursday or #TBT is a popular social media trend millions of users (translate potential customers) use every Thursday. They post old photos usually of themselves with the hashtag #TBT. These posts go from the nostalgic to the inspiring to the ridiculous with users inviting other users to share in their reminisce. By participating in the trend correctly, you can leverage your business and earn a lot of respect and social credibility. As a brand, here’s how you can use this nostalgic trend to drive traffic to your business.
- When sharing throwback photos of your own, include your location.
- Old photos of your brand’s humble beginnings i.e. blueprints, construction pictures etc are great for throwbacks.
- Also, old photos of employees at work, founding members or even new photos with fun and retro looks (costumes and makeup) are also great for throwbacks.
- Include fun facts about your business in your throwbacks.
- In addition, share photos of your first client, first business card, first press mention etc.
- Plus, awards you gotten are also great for throwbacks.
- Like, comment and share customers’ throwback photos.
- In addition, you can share video clips of old movies or some other popular post from a particular era e.g, a music video from the 80s.
Participating in this trend as a brand shows you’ve been around (reliability), you’re fun and easy to relate to (humane), you’re cool, creative and have a personality.
How to Make Your Content Marketing Viral
Before we go into how to make content marketing viral, we need to understand two things. First, what exactly is content marketing? It is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant and consistent content to attract and retain a defined audience with the aim of driving profitable customer action. Viral content on the other hand, is any piece of media (a Facebook post, YouTube video, Instagram post or tweet), that becomes wildly popular overnight. So, how do you make your content marketing viral?
- Make people look smart. Send them content that makes them look clever to their friends.
- People have a short attention span so, follow the KISS rule; keep it short and simple. Use bullet points and images in your content to make it easy to scan through.
- Make it relate-able. People are more likely to share if it applies to them or personal.
- Make it interactive. Choose topics people can discuss on.
- Create an avenue for people to comment and respond to good and controversial comments.
- Use catchy and curious headlines to pique people’s interest.
Follow these how tos and watch your content marketing become viral.