WhatsApp, was incorporated in the year 2009 by Brian Acton and Jan Koum, both former employees of Yahoo. After Koum and Acton left Yahoo! in September 2007, both traveled to South America as a break from work at one point they applied for jobs at Facebook but were rejected. For the rest of the following years Koum relied on his $400,000 savings from Yahoo!. In January 2009, after purchasing an iPhone and realizing that the App Store would soon create an industry of apps, Koum started visiting his friend Alex Fishman in West San Jose, where the three would discuss “… having statuses next to individual names of the people”, but this was not possible without an iPhone developer. Interestingly, Fishman found a Russian developer on Freelancers Igor Solomennikov, and introduced him to Koum. Koum then named the app “WhatsApp” to sound like “what’s up”. In continuation, on February 24, 2009, he incorporated WhatsApp Inc. in California. However, because early versions of WhatsApp often crashed or got stuck at a particular point, Koum felt like giving up and looking for a new job, upon which Acton encouraged him to wait for a “few more months”.
ADVANTAGES OF WHATSAPP :
- Whatsapp is avaliable in iPhone, Android and Windows Phone.
- Whatsapp can send unlimited messages across the world using Whatsapp
- Whatsapp gives the status of the message easily using grey and blue ticks (single tick for sent and double tick for delivered, grey is for delivered and blue is to show that the message is read by the person).
- Whatsapp can send contacts very easily and can be saved as well as with just two steps
- Whatsapp can send audio and video messages up to size upto (approximately) 16Mb
- Whatsapp can send document files up to 100Mb (like PDFs, documents, spreadsheets, slideshows and more)
- Whatsapp can send your location accurately and can be used instantlyfor starting the tripusing google maps or your phones default map.
- Whatsapp provides Group chat with a limit of about 256 Whatsapp Members
- Whatsapp has Broadcast list for broadcasting single messages to multiple persons at a time using a single click.
- Whatsapp provides security by giving End – To – End Encryption (So that your messages are safe and not displayed to others but only by the person you sent)and Easy Blocking Option (frequently used by girls and very rarely used by boys for blocking unwanted contacts)
- Whatsapp have an option for Email Conversation instead of private messaging.